Get Involved & Vacancies
We always welcome more people who can help push the project forward, offering their time and expertise for anything from producing publicity materials to supporting events.
It can be interesting – and enjoyable: so far, supporters have helped us by organising a quiz night, running in a 10K, volunteering at Glastonbury, and selling bags at Valley Fest!
Let us know if you have any experience or expertise which might be particularly helpful. Contact us.
Youth Theatre Assistant/assistant director Job Description
Valley Arts is a charity which aims to be the central hub for the Performing Arts in the Chew Valley. We aim to bring accessible, sustainable and authentic performing arts to all of our community. A recent survey highlighted the need for more drama opportunities for young people. Following a very successful week in August, we are launching our regular youth theatre in Chew Magna Baptist Church Hall. This opportunity is open to anyone who is interested, not just performing arts students.
- To punctual and ready for the Youth Theatre workshops.
- To be responsible for the register at Youth Theatre ensuring that all members of the Youth Theatre have signed in/out.
- As part of signing in/out the Youth Theatre, to learn the names of the young people and to develop a positive relationship with the participants.
- With the Youth Theatre Leader create and implement procedures to monitor attendance and progress of individual members.
- When required, to demonstrate an exercise or game with the Youth Theatre Leader with energy and commitment.
- When required, to engage and join in with the games and exercises within the workshop with enthusiasm.
- To assist in ensuring the safety of the young people in the room by checking the space is ready for the Youth Theatre to work.
- To be an excellent role model to young people.
- To Assistant Direct/Assistant Stage Manage as we work towards productions.
- To assist in empowering participants to make creative decisions and produce high quality work which has their needs and interests at its heart.
Terms and Conditions
- This is a freelance position for term 1 (September 22nd – December 4th ) and terms 2 and 3 ( dates to be confirmed)
- Each session will be paid at £10 per session. We will help you with invoicing
- If you are unable to attend for any very good reason, you must let your workshop leader know as soon as possible.
To apply for the Youth Theatre Assistant position please send a short covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org . This will be followed up with a short conversation.