Voyage Around Your Room
by CreativityWorks for Lockdown Liberation
Lights Up On…
from Roustabout Theatre
The world of theatre by the people who make it.
For students of Drama and Theatre Studies, aspiring theatre makers, and curious audience members.
Ever wondered how a show comes together? Who lights the actors? Who dresses them? And how that cupboard magically replenishes itself with rubber ducks every time it’s opened?
Now’s your chance to find out, as Lights Up On… introduces you to the various creative talents who make theatrical productions happen.
We will learn from performers, directors, writers, designers, producers, and technicians about why they take the decisions they do and how they make their ideas a reality. Each interview is followed by the chance for you to ask questions live.
Lights Up On… is a twelve week programme, broadcast live, and then available to stream. In the first weeks, we will talk with five guest theatre makers with national and international reputations. In the following weeks we will meet five members of the creative team working on Roustabout’s This Island’s Mine, a brand new show exploring colonialism, identity, and place, inspired by Shakespeare’s The Tempest. The programme ends with two weeks of open rehearsals, allowing us to see how the creative team collaborates in a real-life production context. In addition to these Q&As, there will be opportunities for ongoing advice and guidance from the core Roustabout team.
By sharing and exchanging our knowledge, as well as some of the unusual paths we’ve taken, we hope to equip the next generation of theatre makers with tools and connections to help them on th
- May 27th: Kate Cross – Director of the Egg Theatre, Bath Sign up via Eventbrite »
- June 3rd: Nickie Miles-Wildin – Associate Director of Graeae Theatre Sign up via Eventbrite »
- June 10th: Gemma Brooks – freelance production manager Sign up via Eventbrite »
- June 17th: Tarek Merchant – composer, musical director and performer Sign up via Eventbrite »
- June 24th: Dilpesh Patel – technical production Sign up via Eventbrite »
- July 1st: Toby Hulse – playwright and director Sign up via Eventbrite »
- July 7th: Shaelee Rooke and Robin Hemmings – performers and producers Sign up via Eventbrite »
- July 14th: Bronia Housman – designer Sign up via Eventbrite »
- July 21st: Jenny Roxburgh & Jessica Edkins – lighting and sound Sign up via Eventbrite »
- July 29th: Mim Evison – stage management Sign up via Eventbrite »